Added Social distancing – class sizes will be reduced as follows:
Upper studio – 8 persons
Lower studio – 10 persons
Dear Artemis Yoga community,
I am sure you are concerned about the news regarding COVID 19 and how this may impact the yoga practice that you enjoy and that we all really need right now. We are taking additional steps here at Artemis Yoga to balance the never-ending stream of information with the reality that we need to do our part to help slow the spread of this virus. We have increased our vigilance to keep the studio clean and are focused on disinfecting common areas that hands touch including the door knobs, the lockers, water fountain, check-in counter etc. We want to continue to offer Artemis Yoga as a spot of respite and calm and be a practice to help you all stay healthy. So as of Wednesday, March 11, we are implementing the following procedures and guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we all do our best to navigate this new environment.
GUIDELINES FOR KEEPING YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE AND HEALTHY AT YOGA Highlights:
- ARTEMIS YOGA WILL NOT PROVIDE BLANKETS, BOLSTERS OR STRAPS.
- STUDENTS MUST BRING THEIR OWN MATS.
- IF YOU USE STUDIO BLOCKS, THEY MUST BE WIPED DOWN BEFORE AND AFTER USE.
- CLASS SIZE WILL BE LIMITED BASED ON 6 FT OF DISTANCE BETWEEN MATS – 8 IN UPPER STUDIO, 10 IN LOWER
- Please bring your own mat to yoga.
- If you need a mat, we will sell our existing light blue studio mats for $10.00, these will be behind the front desk for purchase. I have a few new Manduka mats for sale and I ordered an additional supply of budget mats for purchase and these should be delivered by the end of the week. You may also find mats online or at spots like Whole Foods, Marshalls etc.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer at the check-in before touching any surfaces (lockers, doorknobs) in the studio.
- We will not be using the shared props of blankets, bolsters or straps. You may bring your own. If you need something for your knees, you may use a towel or a blanket. You may buy consider using a necktie or a scarf as a strap or buy one online. You do not need to buy props though, teachers will definitely offer ways to forego props. We order our blocks, blankets and mats from www.yogadirect.com
- Wipe down blocks before and after use with the provided disposable Zogics EPA Registered Antibacterial Gym Wipes. Or choose not to use the blocks at all.
- Wipe down your own mat and props before and after use with provided disposable wipes.
- Dispose of wipes and tissues in trash bin provided.
- And it goes without saying but please stay home if you feel sick or unwell. Do not come to class with a cold.
I know this is all a lot to take in, but there is some excellent information here: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19 I also found this article to be helpful. https://meetyourcenter.com/blog/how-not-to-lose-your-mind-over-the-coronavirus-outbreak/
We are taking these steps in the spirit of trying to do the best we can to keep you safe and Artemis Yoga open so that you may continue your practice. I know that I need it now more than ever!
Sincerely Liz Padula
Owner, Artemis Yoga